<VV> Thursday and Friday at spring Carlisle- Corvair ('66 tubo 'vert value)

Craig Nicol nicolcs at aol.com
Sun Apr 22 13:13:03 EDT 2007

<snip> The only truly noteworthy news I have is that I saw (briefly) a black
66 Corsa turbo vert with a nice white interior that had a price of $14,500
on the windshield (it had been reduced apparently from $15,500) and the
kicker is... it was sold!  The car had nice black paint on a not quite
perfect body... the car looked good and pretty straight but I dont know that
it was really quite straight enough to be black.  Engine compartment was
fairly clean and all black, but not spotless by any means.  The interior and
the top looked to be near perfect.  I actually cant remember now if it was a
four speed or not, but I think it was.  Seems like a lot of money to me, but
I guess a 66 turbo vert is a fairly rare item.  What do you guys think? Ray.
<unsnip>

Sounds like that's about right to me, assuming it was in pretty good overall
condition.  If the car were stellar, you would probably be looking in the
20-30k range.  The '66 turbo 'vert is both rare and desirable. When I go to
sell my '65 Turbo 'vert, which sounds like it's a lot nice than the one you
saw, it should bring something in the high teens.
Craig Nicol