<VV> New stuff for Rebuild III

Stephen Upham contactsmu at sbcglobal.net
Sun Apr 22 16:05:59 EDT 2007

Received my new cam with fail safe gear, blower bearing and cartridge
assembly, and NOS top ventilator cover.  Haven't opened the NOS part
yet, although I've taken pictures of it for posterity (may frame the
package - nuts? maybe).
1st : I'm a little concerned with the blower bearing assembly.
Because the vendor no longer supplies the .001 oversized shaft, they
are suggest ( and include in the package) Loctite #271 to be used to
coat the shaft and the inside of the hole.  It also states in the
instructions, "If bearing should ever work loose, the hole in the
housing is too worn and the housing will need to be replaced."  Geez,
if it comes loose, its not because it is to narrow at the bearing,
the problem is your #$%@ used top cover; and " You will be able to
press this bearing out in the future if you need to replace it
again." so forget road side repairs!  Anyone have experience with
these replacement bearing assemblies.

2nd :   should I clean the new cam and gear (and how) before
installation?

Stephen Upham
Dallas, Texas
Corvairium //

Mid prod. #18732 -1965 Monza Hardtop 110
Sierra Tan, originally (currently Copper) - Saddle, PG, A/C, original
AM/FM, clock, tint, oil bath air filter, vertical bumper guards, rust
free, w/ 77K