<VV> Looking for a 102 hp engine in Western Washington

Frank DuVal corvairduval at cox.net
Sun Apr 22 19:13:14 EDT 2007

An 80 hp will not get you where you are going fast, but it will do it on
regular fuel. The stock 102 is more prone to pinging than a 110 or 140
in my experience. Carbs can be the same between the 80 and 102, maybe
jetted differently, Grant ??
The cam is also different between an 80 and 102 hp. But you could ship
in a cam and heads for a lot less than shipping an engine. As Mike says,
you only need the serial number for a 102 if stock is your goal.

Frank DuVal