<VV> Looking for a 102 hp engine in Western Washington

Mike Ioanes mioanes at woh.rr.com
Sun Apr 22 12:46:07 EDT 2007

Jim writes:  (comments inserted)
> I've been lurking for the last few months, trying to learn as much as I
> can about the Corvair while I restore a '63 Convertible.

restoring to concours stock?

>  The engine that came with it is a 1964 110 hp that I'm converting into an
> aircraft engine.  I was given a second 80 hp engine but would like to put
> a 102 hp engine in it.

Not 100 percent sure what it would take to convert your 80 hp to
102...thinking heads (mostly), distributor (probably less important) and
carbs.

>  Does anyone know where I might find a reasonably priced 102 hp core
> engine in Western Washington?  (I live half-way between Seattle & Portland
> so I don't mind driving to either city...)

the only reason you need a 102 core is to have the "correct" engine code for
a 102

>  Larry's is selling one on Ebay, but shipping itself would be about 200
> bucks.

Main reason for not buying big items that are far away.

Mike Ioanes

64 Monza convert w/mostly 110 (frankenstein)