<VV> MPG improvements

Tamias Metis korvayrouille66 at yahoo.com
Sun Apr 22 21:41:20 EDT 2007

Its nice too see some discussion on this as many times "necessity becomes the mother of invention" and sometimes leads to significant improvements.  One would think fuel injection would yield the best results yet its adaptation to the Corvair is complex.   There have been a number of great examples, one of which is in the Guide , but  I'd guess that it would be best to tackle only if well versed in FI.  Way over my head, my hats off to all the brilliant engineers and quasi engineers in 'vairland  that  do.  Superb job .   When it becomes  caveman simple to an idiot level, closer to my speed,  I'll perhaps give it a try.   Until then, I'll keep on with carburetor and 87 octane and accept that high MPG is  unlikely.  Just do what is essential to make your Vair happy on today's pump gas  and drive.  An hour on the road will return the smile and drive away da MPG blues and if ya got holdings of XOM, CVX, RIG, VLO,SLB  ya shouldn't have any worries...     Tamias  Metis