<VV> Fuel Pump?

Chris C ricorvair at cox.net
Tue Apr 24 15:50:52 EDT 2007

It stopped working, no gas coming from it with long cranking.  Took it
off and hand actuated it.  No pumping noise.  Being a curious bugger I
took it apart, and when I re-assembled it to put it away for the day the
rebuild kit is cheaper than a new pump, I tried it again, and now it
made pumping noise.  Put it back on the car, and it worked for the
remainder of that season, all winter to start the car, and weather
permitting this season.
Previous to it acting up I had similar symptoms of a snow man car (no
balls).

Overtimed, to far advanced timing.  Would have tried these things if I
were in the garage again.  darn day job, limped it home yesterday and
after kid stuff and wife stuff, just too late to be that noisy in the
garage.