<VV> Daily driver problem

AeroNed at aol.com AeroNed at aol.com
Wed Apr 25 23:39:41 EDT 2007

Well, driving my sedan every day has caught up with the 42 year old car. My
problem also happened at the most inopportune time, a day the weather man was
right. The problem is that the driver's window won't roll up completely. It
come  up about half way with little effort and that's it. I managed to assist
the  window up by pulling on it. It ended up a quarter inch from fully  closed.
This was very important since it is thunder storm season here in Kansas  and
today was one of those days.

I took the door apart when I got home from work. I discovered that the
adjustment bolt at the bottom of the vent window channel had actually torn the
metal off the door. This allowed the window tracks to get out of alignment and
prevented the window from coining up. I also found that the lining in the vent
window channel was torn. I'm not sure if that was part of the problem or a
result of forcing the window up.

Anyhow, the sedan will be out of service for a few days. That means that
I'll have to drive my 140 coupe to work as long as I can afford the gas. I guess
that's one benefit of owning multiple Corvairs.

Ned