<VV> Show & Tell

Rick Norris rnorris at augustaeng.com
Thu Apr 26 07:46:36 EDT 2007

Last Friday I had an opportunity to take the track car to the local Technical School. Actually, a friend of mine and a Corvair guy works there as an automotive instructor. He often has  a Show and Tell on Fridays and has local racers come in and show their cars, so I volunteered.
What a neat experience to talk to the students who are mostly high school juniors and some seniors. They attend classes half a day at the Tech Center, then the rest at the high school.
I spoke to the morning and afternoon classes and the Corvair gospel was preached!
Several of the students had done some autocross racing so we had some common ground.
First time in a long time nobody had any Corvair stories right or wrong.
The instructor also showed a cut away Corvair engine he had the students do from a scrap engine.
I don't know if I planted the seed for Corvitus or not but I did my best. Only time will tell.
Also I received a nice thank you card from the school which all the students had signed.

Rick Norris
CORSA Lifer