<VV> Tranny Identification

Smitty Smith vairologist at verizon.net
Thu Apr 26 15:26:42 EDT 2007

Can't identify a transmission #3859954 / L 225
Michael
Smitty says: If it is a 4 speed and has a top cover, it was used before 66. If it has a drain plug it was used before 64
  Smitty says:  I have been reminded by several that I was wrong about the 4 spd having a top cover.  I was thinking of a diff I guess when I said that.  In any event the response by Harry Y is correct.  If the side cover is tin it is a "prior to 66 transmission.  If that tin side cover transmission has a drain plug it is a prior to 64 transmission.  Gosh, where would I be without you guys and spell check.