<VV> EM Spyder - 13 or 14 inch tires

Sethracer at aol.com Sethracer at aol.com
Thu Apr 26 16:20:16 EDT 2007

In a message dated 4/26/2007 12:36:25 P.M. Pacific Daylight Time,
alohaz at ca.rr.com writes:

am at  the stage of my "restoring" my '62 Spyder coupe where new tires are
next on  the list.  Rather than just replace the 13" rubber currently installed,
I  wanted to solicit any thoughts on "upgrading" to 14" (or 15")  rims/tires.
 For whatever reason, the wire wheel hubcaps that came with  the car are 14,"
so that argues for going larger.  Are there other  considerations, beyond the
limited options available in 13" tires?  In  any event, what size tires will
work best for maintaining a semi-accurate  speedo reading?

Thanks in advance,
Steve  Brennan

Steve - Compare Outside diameters - Anything around 23.5 to 24.0 will be in
the ball park. A 185/65-14 is about the right height (23.5), looks close to
stock in width. (Actually a little wider) The 195/65-14 is a half inch  taller,
A 185/70-14 is another half inch taller, maybe a bit tall for your  car. All
of these sizes are common and inexpensive versions are around. -  Seth