Not a Corvair anymore, was: <VV> Modern Engine for Corvair Options?

aeroned at aol.com aeroned at aol.com
Mon Apr 30 16:07:22 EDT 2007

-----Original Message-----
From: airvair at richnet.net
Anyway, when someone not only puts a waterpumper in a Corvair shell but
also puts it in the front, well, that removes it from being called a
Corvair. It's a "something" with a Corvair body shell, but NOT a
Corvair. No more a Corvair than a coat of paint. Ought to be the law
that the DMV would have to register such cars as to their ENGINE make,
and not what's merely skinning it.

IMHO they are an afront to all Corvairdom. Sorry, I call it as I see it.
And I call 'em an abomination. (G)

Mark,

You are certainly intitled to your opinion and frequently let us have it (VBG). I'm sure that there are many out there that share you opinion in this area. However, despite your statements, the national Corvair club, CORSA, recognized such highly modified Corvairs as Corvairs. My opinion is that this is no more of an "abomination" than having a 1964 wagon or 1969 Corsa, they are all Corvairs.

Ned