Not a Corvair anymore, was: <VV> Modern Engine for

mhicks130 at cox.net mhicks130 at cox.net
Mon Apr 30 17:21:05 EDT 2007

<snip>
My opinion is that this is no more of an "abomination" than having a 1964 wagon or 1969 Corsa, they are all Corvairs.

No way Ned, you're as wrong as wrong can be on this one.  A Corvair engine in a Corvair body is NOT anywhere near as much an  "abomination" as a non-Corvair engine in a Corvar body.   Nope.  Still Corvairs, still cool, still something I'd like to see.  I'd much rather see "modified" Corvairs and fantasy
Corvairs (a 69 Corsa sedan??) than any V8 Vair.  It's still ALL Corvair, just a little "interpretted".

Even though I have stated in the past that I don't consider V8 (or other non-corvair) engined Corvair bodies to be Corvairs, I don't share Mark's view that they are an affront to all Corvairdom.  I do think they are within the Corvair "sphere of influence" and are of interest to people (and me) in the Corvair communitiy.  Even goofy airplanes with Corvair engines are included.  They're NOT Corvairs in my view, but ARE Corvair-related and are therefore, interesting in a Corvair relevant way.

Your statement equating modified, but still 100% Corvair cars with non-Corvair engined cars is, however, just plain wacky.  And I do mean that in the nicest possible way.  :)

mikeH