<VV> Mirror search

mhicks130 at cox.net mhicks130 at cox.net
Mon Apr 30 17:24:38 EDT 2007

>------------------------------
<snip>
With a true right hand mirror this pin is pressed in opposite of how a
left hand mirror is pressed in. (It also may be that right hand mirrors
have an entirely different pin, with a sharper angle.) Anyway, true left
hand mirrors will simply not have enough angle available if placed on
the right side, which is what happened to you.
<snip>

I heated a LH mirror I had enough to let the pressed in pin come out of the base and reinstalled it so the bend in the pin worked correctly on the right side.  I couldn't press it back enough for a permanent fix but a little 3M 5200 adhsive stuck that baby in good.  I still don't see much with the RH mirror because it's so small but I like having it there.

mikeH