<VV> An Early Repro Mirror, Hurrah!!

J R Read_HML hmlinc at sbcglobal.net
Mon Apr 30 19:11:08 EDT 2007

Mike..

Have a helper to hold the mirror (use some wide masking tape on the body)
while you sit in the driver seat.  There ARE templates "somewhere" that tell
you where the mirror is supposed to be.  But, keep in mind that many were
dealer install, so close was sometimes good enough.  You need it to be right
for you.

Once you like the position, check to be sure the vent window and mirror do
not collide with one another.  Draw a rough outline on the tape of the
mirror base and then figure out where the mounting bracket will need to be.
There are slots in the brackets - so you've got some forgiveness available
there.  Mark your holes on the tape.  Drill through the tape.  It will help
prevent the end of the bit from "walking" across your paint job.

PS... maybe the template comes with the mirror?  Can't say for certain.

Later, JR

CCE and CORSA member
'61 Rampside Standard 4/110
'65 Monza Convertible 4/140
'66 beater 500 Coupe "icemobile" 4/140 (50%)