<VV> Air-cooled alternatives

Bill Elliott corvair at fnader.com
Mon Apr 30 18:27:47 EDT 2007

The Tatra guys in Canada (the ones that supplied the 603's to the Jim
Carrey movie) have a 3.5L 613 engine for sale. About $5k. Not sure if
it's new enough to be injected.

Interestingly, the 2.5L air cooled hemi V8 in the 603's makes about the
same power as a Corvair engine... about 100 net.

I sold my Tatra (in part) due to my fears of crunching a transaxle or an
engine... repair/replacement costs are Ferrari-priced...

Bill