<VV> Air-cooled alternatives

Western Canada CORSA westerncanadacorsa at shaw.ca
Mon Apr 30 18:38:48 EDT 2007

Hey, that's pretty cool! (pun intended)

Are they an aluminum or iron block?

Do I see hemispherical heads?

Regards,
Joel

-----Original Message-----
From: virtualvairs-bounces at corvair.org
[mailto:virtualvairs-bounces at corvair.org] On Behalf Of David B. Neale
Sent: Monday, April 30, 2007 3:17 PM
To: virtualvairs at corvair.org
Subject: <VV> Air-cooled alternatives

 airvair <airvair at richnet.net> wrote:

> > And only because air cooled engines are few
> > and far between - only know of VW, Porsche, and a German diesel farm
> > tractor (starts with a "D" and I can't remember how to spell it),
> > and maybe a few minor ones too small for a Corvair body.

You may wish to consider a nice air-cooled V8 from the Czech Republic -
superlative design, and the latest have twin turbochargers and are, I am
pretty certain, fuel-injected. And it's designed to fit in the back.
Tatra made their first air-cooled V8 motors in the 1930s. Here's a link
to a picture of a Tatra air-cooled V8 motor ...

http://www.tatra4sale.com/photos/dark-blue/big/IMG_3774.JPG

I bet no-one's done it yet!

David Neale
'65 Monza 140 convertible.