<VV> Mirror search

W Halsey hihal at adelphia.net
Mon Apr 30 17:51:23 EDT 2007

cjcavitt at comcast.net wrote:
> wade- that is because rectangle mirrors did come on some 69's in fact corvair underground even sells those mirrors for the 69-curt

Hmmm---interesting. I check with Vendors before buying from outsiders so
I'm guessing you haven't been offering these for too long. I think it
has been 3 or 4 years ago that I bought mine.

One other observation; the passenger side mirror is NOT convex which
limits its usefulness. I found a Harley Davidson mirror with the same
size and shape and transferred the glass to the Camaro mirror. Much more
useful now.

I have two 69's. One is SN 1813 which was an October 68 car and the
other is SN 5686 which was built in the first week of May 69. Both of
them have the round mirror. Since the rectangle mirror and the round
mirror use the same mounting base, the factory may have run out of round
mirrors for a time or some Camaro mirrors may have accidentally been
installed. A lot of funny stuff happened in the last model year for
Corvairs!

Another post states that the rectangle passenger side mirrors are only
correct for cars with remote control driver side which were rectangle.
That may be true. Non-remote rectangle repos are available for both
sides which was the information I was trying to provide. Maybe Curt can
determine whether the rectangle mirrors he mentioned is the remote or
standard.

Wade Halsey