<VV> Windshield install in Rampside

Mikeamauro at aol.com Mikeamauro at aol.com
Mon Apr 30 23:03:55 EDT 2007

"...Hello all,
Well the rampie (61) comes home from paint  tomorrow morning.  First
order of business will be getting the  windshield and backlight back in it.
Have a new deluxe gasket from Clarks to  install.  Have all of the stainless
cleaned up and ready to go.   Read the manual with the string trick, have
never put a windshield in an  early (rubber gasket).  Any suggestions or
advice would sure be  appreciated !  Any recomedations on sealant  ?

Thanks
-Rex-...:

Rex:

The windshield in my wife's Deluxe van has been removed and  reinstalled
three times... always by reputable glass shops. The first time was  using a
one-piece gasket from a vendor other than Clark's. The fit of the  first gasket was
totally unacceptable: the gasket circumference  was WAY too big. Upon calling
the vendor, I was told the gasket should be  cut; I asked why I would pay for
a one piece gasket and then cut it... received  no acceptable answer (nor did
I receive a refund). All in all, a very  unsatisfactory exchange. The second
and third gaskets have been one piece  versions from Clark's. The fit has been
better, except the second one from  Clark's presently needs to be removed and
refit... it seems a little large and  "pouches" out in the upper corners.

Beside myself, can anyone else report on the fit of van, and other 95
windshield gaskets... did you need to trim the circumference (shorten the  gasket)
to get a good fit?

Thanks,
Mike Mauro