<VV> Modified vs. stock Corvairs

Frank DuVal corvairduval at cox.net
Mon Apr 30 23:25:09 EDT 2007

Well Ned,

It is the simple fact that once an original Corvair is modified, it will
always be modified, or junked.

So, to purists, original cars are nice but  modifieds have begun the
slippery slope to the graveyard, never to return to stock status.

Whereas to modified owners a stock Corvair represents another great body
to carve up to their own liking. When they tire of their current
project, they look for another stock car to modify, as a preciously
modified car is too far modified to begin another project. How many
highly modified cars do you know have changed hands and are still in
service? I am speaking of severe modifications, not just spoilers, fancy
electronics, lowering, etc. Again, if the car was already on the way to
being junked, anything done to continue its useful life as a modified is
great!

Frank DuVal