<VV> Modified vs. stock Corvairs

airvair airvair at richnet.net
Mon Apr 30 20:16:50 EDT 2007

On that point I won't disagree either. As far as myself, I draw the line
once the mods remove the car from the most basic tenants of what makes a
Corvair a Corvair. Specifically, (as I previously stated) the fact that
it's engine is BEHIND the passengers, not in front of them. And second,
not having an air-cooled engine, can be tollerated in view of the gain
in horsepower, which is not a bad thing. I still like air-cooling, and
wish there was a way to get a lot more HP and still be air cooled. But
it's a "tollerable" tradeoff.

As far as modified cars go, I like them as well as the stockers. Nothing
"evil" about mods at all. In fact, I've been known to do a few myself
(like my '69 Corsa, which drives the purists nuts! LOL) But just stay
true to the car's concept, or you don't have that car anymore. You have
a "something else" car. And THAT's my point.

-Mark