<VV> Doesn't get much better

Louis C. Armer,Jr. carmerjr at mindspring.com
Mon Apr 30 23:57:33 EDT 2007

Hey all, I attended my 50th high school reunion on Saturday. We
gathered in the old stomping grounds in the Buckhead
area of Atlanta. The Saturday function was a casual event with lunch
catered by the world famous Varsity of Atlanta. We had
two vintage vehicles present. My 1964 "da Brier" and my friends 1939
Ford coupe. Both vehicles were a big hit with everyone
and we were able to park both at the entrance trail to the community
clubhouse. I had chairs, my table setup inside da Brier
with my high school annuals available, Burnie's story posted on the
side of da Brier and a Doo Wop CD playing 20 all time favorites
from the 50's era. The weather was awesome, we had over 100
classmates and spouses show up. "It doesn't get much better".

      On Sunday, Scott Trunkhill and I met at Ted's Auto Body in
Tucker, GA. Our goal was to prepare a donor body for WTBRT
#112 and to obtain "Group Red" status for "Goldie" by day's end. We
were helped by Mark Ligler, longtime Corvair Atlanta and CORSA
member. Mark sold us the solid 1965 Corsa  with the provisions that
he would retain the drivetrain, the telescoping
steering column, wood steering wheel and factory quick steering box.
Mark will be using all of these in other Corvairs he is restoring.
We quickly got to work and soon Scott and I had the drivetrain
removed. Mark arrived later and we completed the removal of the
steering items after removing the front sway bar and the gas tank.
Mark had driven his Rampside and we easily loaded the intact
drivetrain in the lower Rampside bed after removing the dual exhaust
mufflers and tailpipes from the Corsa drivetrain. Mark left for his
house and Scott and I finished the day by removing both rear trailing
arms and axle assemblies, brakes, strut rods and emergency brake
cable for storage at his new pole barn. We next removed all the seats
and carpets, insulation and seat belts for disposal or storage. By
sunset we had entered "Goldie" into Group Red where she will
patiently await her BEEF transplants from the original #112. It was
another day full of sunshine and the enjoyment of participating in
the Corvair hobby. "It doesn't get much better" !!! :-)

Chuck Armer

CORSA Member , CORSA Tri-membership Chairman
Corvair Atlanta Member, Corvair Atlanta BOD
Corvanatics Member, SECC Member
1965 Corsa Coupe, 1964  Greenbrier, 1966 Monza Convertible
1966 WTBRT #112 xcrosser 1/2 owner
http://carmerjr.home.mindspring.com/