<VV> Fans / 1960 habits

Frank DuVal corvairduval at cox.net
Wed Aug 1 19:44:51 EDT 2007

I'm with Bill,

Maybe it is the east coast salt, but in the 60s it was common for middle
class families to change cars every few years. Maybe not every two, but
the average age of cars was WAY less than the current 9 years.

We were the odd family in that dad kept a car 6 to 8 years. Planned
Obsolescence styling didn't affect him!

Frank DuVal