<VV> Fans and air flow

Ken Campbell deltainc at grm.net
Wed Aug 1 22:00:10 EDT 2007

----- Original Message -----
From: "Bill Hubbell" <whubbell at umich.edu>
Sent: Wednesday, August 01, 2007 3:54 PM
Subject: RE: <VV> Fans and air flow

> Grrr.  This subject just won't go away.
************
Keep in mind, boys and girls, that we are not required to * cool * the air
around the head fins ... just carry it to the back of the 'vair and throw it
overboard, let the guy behind you soak it up in HIS intakes...

ie, we are not talking air conditioner compressors, etc.....

.... how about " a bucket of hot air takes no more power to pour out the
back than a bucket of cool air .... "    ??

***********
My guess is that about 1 or 2 horses is really all that a really dynamite
designed system would take to cool the vair .........

How about rerouting the exhaust pipe(s) to dribble water down the intake of
the fan ... somebody told me we get a gallon of water for every gallon of
gasoline we burn ... if the exhaust went thu about 20 feet of finned tubing
before it went down the fan intake, it would lose a lot of the hotness but
not any of the water droplets ...

...... and converting water to steam soaks up a whole bunch of energy (
heat ) ....

*********
just some thoughts ... oh, hey smittys-out-there, the reason this doesn[t go
away is because a lot of the idiot-savants that drive corvairs keep thinking
that a little tweaking might get it working ..  remember that the stubborn
guy that invented the light bulb failed the first 10 000 times or so ...

reargards, ken campbell .. playing with matches in io-ow-ah