<VV> 1960's habits (little Corvair)

LonzoVair at aol.com LonzoVair at aol.com
Thu Aug 2 00:23:47 EDT 2007

In a message dated 8/1/2007 7:45:06 PM Eastern Daylight Time,
corvairduval at cox.net writes:

snip<<We were the odd family in that dad kept a car 6 to 8 years. Planned
Obsolescence styling didn't affect him!>>

Thats funny...
I remember the 1964 Monza convertible that my Dad came home with when I was
in kindergarten (1971) and he stopped in to pick me up when it let out... I saw
him but I didn't see "old red" (the 59 Chevy sedan).... we drove home with
the top down, and I can remember mom's words as plain as day... "What's a middle
aged father of four need with a convertible SPORTS CAR???" (Dad was 46 at the
time, she was about 30)....

The car Dad kept the longest was "Wom-wom", the 1949 Buick Roadmaster sedan
he's bought from his dad in 1957 when the Studebaker dealer offered him $75 on
trade in on the Golden Hawk (which grandpa had until about 1973).... we had
"Wom-wom" until 1981...

Other than the Buick, Dad never kept a car for more than 2 or 3 years...
always used, never new... and the Corvair only lasted a few months before he
traded it for something different (I think it was an El Camino with swivel seats...
or the old orange International Harvester truck...)....

Sorry for rambling on....

Later,
Lonzo

Lon Anderson in White Mills, KY
CORSA, Corvanatics, Derby City Corvair, Central Kentucky Corvair
1961 Greenbrier
1963 Greenbrier
1964 700 sedan
1969 Monza coupe FOR SALE