<VV> Reinstallint the PG Shift Cable

Bill H. gojoe283 at yahoo.com
Fri Aug 3 12:37:50 EDT 2007

                                  B"H

Ron:  Is your car an Early or Late?  For the Late, I
assume you are referring to installing it at the
shifter side, at the instrument panel.

I just removed my 1969 dash cluster this past weekend,
and I found that it was much easier to reinstall the
cable with the selector in Low, because that moves the
pin you put the cable on, closer to your reach.

You can pull the cable forward with a pair of
needle-nose pliers, gripping on the metal end of the
cable, and pulling it until the hole on the end lines
up with the pin on the selector mechanism.  Slide the
cable end onto the pin, then press the retaining clip
back on.  This is for the Late, I can't help you with
the Early, since the setup is slightly different.

 :-)

Hope this helps...Bill Hershkowitz  69 Monza PG 110