<VV> Electric cooling fan results

Tony Underwood tonyu at roava.net
Fri Aug 3 23:14:20 EDT 2007

At 02:42 PM 8/3/2007, JVHRoberts at aol.com wrote:

>WAY better fan.

Yep.

>Get the turbo out of the engine compartment. The turbine housing and
>associated pipes throws SERIOUS heat into the wrong side of the shrouding.

Hide it behind the body shrouding, plumb the business end into the
engine bay, already got an idea for that sort of thing...

>WAY better fan.

Yep.

>Remote oil cooler, a REAL one, like an RX7 cooler.

Or one of the 1/2" looptube Harrisons (used on A/SA maxwedge engines)
I have in the corner of the basement.  They look a little like AC condensers.

>WAY better fan.

Yep.

>Eliminate the cooling air discharge restrictions.

BTDT.

>WAY better fan.

Yep.

>See a trend here?

No...   what about the fan?   ;)

I'd love to find a big old worn out turbocharger I could loot the
impeller from... provided I could spin it fast enough.     Trouble
is, it would likely have to come off something like a "compound"
Wright R-3350... my luck, the pitch would be wrong.

tony..