<VV> Cooling the Corvair Engine

FrankCB at aol.com FrankCB at aol.com
Fri Aug 3 20:20:06 EDT 2007

Guys,
    I haven't seen anyone mention what I think is a  good possibility for
improving the cooling of the engine.  How about  PREVENTING the heat from the
manifolds and engine compartment piping (in the  case of the turbos) from getting
back to the engine by thermally coating the  inside AND the outside of the
headers and turbo pipes with a ceramic  coating as offered by outfits like Swain
and Jet Hot.  The inside coating  would help protect the metal from excessive
expansion as well as keeping the  exhaust gas HOTTER so it's more effective
when it hits the turbine wheel in the  turbo.  The outside coating would keep
the manifold and engine compartment  piping from sending heated air back into
the cooling system.
    Comments???
    Frank "cooler heads needed" Burkhard

In a message dated 8/3/2007 3:56:27 PM Eastern Daylight Time, ronh at owt.com