<VV> Disc Brake Question

Ed Dowds ed_dowds at hotmail.com
Fri Aug 3 22:19:27 EDT 2007

I helped a friend put "www.scarebird.com" disk brake brackets on his Corvair
front end. The first set of brackets we got from Scarebird caused the same
problem as the Clark's brackets. I spoke with Scarebird and their first
recommendation was the same as Clark's: notch the A frame. I told him that
was not a good solution. We discussed exactly what the problem was and I
told him how to fix the brackets. He made new brackets which moved the
calipers from the 11 o'clock position down to about a 9 o'clock position. He
sent the new brackets and we installed them with no problem. His recommended
were 4wd S10 rotors and 2wd S10 calipers. I think he now suggests different
calipers which put the hoses in a better place.
I'm pretty sure these brackets would require larger wheels. My friend runs
15" wheels.
Ed