<VV> Annoying PG Govenor leak

Dan & Synde dsjkling at sbcglobal.net
Sat Aug 4 14:50:40 EDT 2007

Hi all,

Well, no leaks from the engine or differential but I have an annoying
and persistant leak from the o-ring on the govenor. When it is in
neutral, no leak. Put it into drive or low and a slow leak starts
from around the govenor bore. The bore is smooth and the govenor is
smooth. Not sure why it's doing it except that possibly a thicker o-
ring might fix it. It is a slow leak but again, annoying.

Anyone have problems with this and have an easy fix?

I'm going to go out and try to find a thicker o-ring. May have to
order one.

Dan Kling

1961 Greenbrier Deluxe, 4spd, 3.89  On the Road Again,  yeehaw :)
1963 Spyder, restored   4spd Saginaw
1967 Ultravan #299  Newest of the herd!! Almost killed me already!!

http://www.flickr.com/photos/81412237@N00/sets/
A few pictures of the Greenbrier, UltraVan, engine and tranny tear down with
more to come!