<VV> 3 questions

Sethracer at aol.com Sethracer at aol.com
Sun Aug 5 02:56:25 EDT 2007

In a message dated 8/4/2007 3:19:13 PM Pacific Daylight Time,
ddpleau at msn.com writes:

Question  1:  I’m bring 2 non-ops into CA next week.  Both registered in my
name.  The will be in a storage place outside.  What do I have  to do to
comply with the CA non-op law.

Dennis - there is now a one-time NON-OP fee for each car. It is about $15  or
so. There may be a transfer fee as well. You will present ownership papers
and you will (eventually) receive a pink slip - but no registration card or
plates until you decide to register them for the street. Be sure to explain
that the cars are being transported into california on a truck or trailer, and
that they will not touch the street at all. They will go from the trailer to
your property or storage. Then the cars can sit forever. Although they will
send  you a reminder every year to ask if you want to register them, you will not
have  to pay another fee. - Seth