<VV> A Tale of Two Fans

James Davis jld at wk.net
Sun Aug 5 14:08:06 EDT 2007

I need all the cooling I can get.  No angular ring here. The reason
for the early fan was to limit air reversion around the top shroud
inlet.  I had beat my top shroud down as close to the fan as I dared
to eliminate the reversion as much as I could.  I could still feel
the air with my hand at 3,000 fan rpm.  The 61 setup eliminates this
problem.  I believe (no data) that the 61 fan uses less energy to
produce the same air pressure as the late model fan.  GM  figures on
air flow and pressure from dyno test show the fans are nearly equal
in air flow and pressure developed (at least to 4,000 rpm).  Of
secondary importance is the 61 fan catches shop rags and paper towels
where as the late model fans eat them spitting them out on the
cylinder heads and oil cooler.
Jim Davis