<VV> lifter tap

Bill H. gojoe283 at yahoo.com
Sun Aug 5 23:17:44 EDT 2007

                                     B"H

Mike:   Hmmm...the one time I had noisy hydraulic
lifters in an OHV engine, the noise was pretty loud
for about 2-3 months, then it went away.  This was a
1966 Rambler Six.

I think there was probably dirt that got stuck on the
hydaulic lifter, and at some point it freed itself and
the engine quiteted down again.

My 110 also has what may be a lifter noise, but it
quiets down when revs increase, but at idle in Drive,
it's pretty noisy.  I haven't figured out what that
could be, but the engine runs very sweetly and smooth
except for the noise.  I re-sealed my crossover pipe
today with new donuts, since I overtightened them when
I put the new pipe in, and I wanted to do the job
right.

Hopefully the noise will go away after some
driving...good luck...Bill Hershkowitz 69 Monza 110 PG