<VV> The Marvelous Corvair

ScottyGrover at aol.com ScottyGrover at aol.com
Mon Aug 6 00:22:07 EDT 2007

In a message dated 8/5/2007 8:29:03 P.M. Pacific Daylight Time,
gojoe283 at yahoo.com writes:

What a  damn shame the public didn't know what a
wonderful piece of machinery the  Corvair is...if sales
had been strong, Nader notwithstanding, the car  might
have been with us a few more years...maybe even today.
Hey, if we  can build computers the size of shoebox
and put a man on the moon, and land  our hardware on
Mars, why can't we build an air-cooled engine that
will  meet safety/emissions standards?

The computational power needed to meet the emissions standards is just a
little much, compared with a water-cooled rig;  that's why Porsche went to  water
cooling.  Corvairs have a coolant heat range much broader than  water-cooled
cars.

Scotty from Hollyweird