<VV> Manifold heat soak

John David Thomson jdavethomson at shaw.ca
Sun Aug 5 23:22:10 EDT 2007

>From Mr. Warren Leveque's solo articles, please note the following.

"Most conspicuous perhaps are the melted aluminum, correctly tuned, headers for the Stinger race car. They were aluminum from about a foot from the flange through the megaphones. They look like candle wax now. The idea was to reduce the cantilevered, pendulum weight.; still a good idea. I also used aluminum to build a flowmaster type muffler for the E/M LeVair Spyder. Did you know that a muffler pulses like a beating heart and that aluminum has no modulus of elasticity? The same cracking due to flexing doomed the beautiful all aluminum DeDion rear suspension. The aluminum hub carriers on the Velociraptor formula car suffered the same fate."