<VV> Re: Cooling fan improvement

JVHRoberts at aol.com JVHRoberts at aol.com
Sat Aug 4 08:03:52 EDT 2007

Being a turbo guy, I think the cooling system on a Corvair has a HUGE
deficit.
Extra fuel actually loses heat, since there isn't enough extra air to  really
burn it. That's how 2 stroke air cooled motorcycle engines keep from
overheating.
When the 50% increase in fuel economy comes from lower aerodynamic drag,
less weight, and all the other things that reduce HP load, then you're right.
However, Porsches, the closest other example I can think of, actually had  to
INCREASE cooling over the years, since the HP was constantly going UP, and
the burden from catalytic converters, standard air conditioning, heavier cars,
etc., took its toll.

In a message dated 8/3/2007 11:01:50 PM Eastern Daylight Time, NicolCS