<VV> CNC Machining

richard white sarge9444 at yahoo.com
Mon Aug 6 14:00:55 EDT 2007

I agree with  J. Roberts, having spent the last 50
years in the machine tool trade it would be quicker
and cheaper with a better end result to have  fans
machined out of billet. You could use 2024 T6 aluminum
or 7075. However the price for material would eat into
your 300 dollars, unless you could find cut offs or
surplus. Then machine time may shock you.Call a couple
of shops that do small production or even a job shop
it all depends on how hungry they are. Machine rates
in So Cal usually run at least 100.00 dollars and
hour. You would have programming time for the first
part. I could possibly put you in contact with a
programmer where I used to work who does outside jobs
at home. He is very knowlegable and prorgrams for
shops around the country.
 I'm guessing at least 600 dollars per part. You won't
really know until you start to shop around.
Rich