<VV> ignitor II vs. regular points

Sethracer at aol.com Sethracer at aol.com
Tue Aug 7 10:51:13 EDT 2007

In a message dated 8/7/2007 7:36:52 A.M. Pacific Daylight Time,
marklaredo at msn.com writes:

Hello,  Just curious if anyone has tried the ignitor II that  Clarks has. I
have regular points and they are fine, but if I can install  this what
appears to be a simple conversion and get a noticeable  improvement in
performance and reliability, I would consider the switch.  Any input?
Thanks, Mark B.

Mark - Many folks have installed the Ignitor and the Ignitor II. I am not
sure you will receive any performance or reliability improvement. What you will
receive is a reduction in maintenance, since the Ignitors are pretty much set
 and forget. Your ignition advance will remain where you set it, because the
wear  in the points set will not occur. I do recommend the Ignitor to someone
who is  building a new set up, say, someone who has just acquired a car and
has no  history on it. The ignitor is less sensitive to distributor shaft wobble
than  points. But if your distributor is in good shape and the firing is
stable - as  shown by the timing light on the balancer, you aren't missing much. -
 Seth