<VV> Fuel Filter Stones are outdated - Adv

Grant Young gyoungwolf at earthlink.net
Tue Aug 7 23:05:00 EDT 2007

I read the notes in the last digest about plugging fuel filter stones with some interest. After dealing with some that plugged (apparently when something "broke loose" in my gas tank as evidenced by a dirty inline filter) I went looking for a good replacement. I finally found an older style fine mesh filter that was used in some of the Q-Jets on a few high performance muscle cars of the 70's. I tried some and liked them because I could remove them and easily see what was getting to the carbs. I have been using them on all my carb rebuilds for about 4 years now. They are about the same price as the stone filters, but have a lifetime warranty. If they should ever plug, just remove them and flush them out with carb cleaner. I am not certain of the grade of the stainless steel in them, but have never had a complaint and they are the favorites of some of our racing brethren. If you would like to put an end to the infamous plugged filter saga, I sell them for $8 a pair with reusable fuel inlet gaskets. Just drop me a line to get modernized. I don't think you can find them in LAPS and I have to purchase 100 at a time to get them. Thanks for the space.
The Carbmeister