<VV> 1964 Survey

Bill Hubbell whubbell at umich.edu
Tue Aug 7 23:15:11 EDT 2007

Attention 1964 Corvair owners (If you have already given me this
information, please ignore)

Please look at ALL 1964 Corvairs you may own, check the Build date on your
Fisher Body plate (upper left corner - 3 digit code such as 12B) and look
for the following conditions:

For Build Dates from 09C to 03C

            Do your CORVAIR letters push in or bolt in? (push in - no access
holes on bottom of lid)

For Build Dates from 09A to 09D

            Does your trunk have louvered vents on both rear corners, or
just one screwed on vent on driver's side and a solid wall on other side?

For Build Dates from 02D to 04A

            Does your Engine deck lid have the short or the long rear
weatherstrip? (Longer goes up partway around the sides)

            Does your Engine Deck lid have 8 or 2 oval rear drain holes
behind the weatherstrip?

For Build Dates 09C to 03C

            Does your battery box have an oval hole in the rear wall? (rear
vertical wall is the wall parallel to the rear end of car)

For Build Dates 12C to 2B

            If your car has an oil bath pre-cleaner, which style is it -
early or late? (Early style pictured in '64 shop manual supplement - late
pictured in '65)

For Sedan owners only - all '64 Build dates:

            Look at the top raw edge of the rear cardboard trim panel.  Is
it finished with stitched vinyl or pressed on vinyl?

            If your car is a 700, does it have a fold-down rear seat?

For Build Dates of 03B to 03C

            Please send me a picture of your Fisher body tag.

Please send responses to me.

Thank you!

Bill Hubbell