<VV> Re: Performance Corvair Group

Stan East sgeast at interlog.com
Wed Aug 8 22:44:52 EDT 2007

aeroned at aol.com wrote:

The reason we went with Performance Corvair Group was a bit of tongue in
cheek shot at the Stock Corvair Group....

Careful now Mr Windtunnel.....

My Corvairs include a 66 Corsa with Factory A/C (intended to eventually be
restored and entered in Concours). The other is my former ice racer a 66 500
with full roll cage to be rebuilt as a Yenko clone.

There were several disappointments this year; the first was I had to work
during the Convention even though I only live 4 hours away. I did get down
over the weekend before the Convention and stayed at the host hotel for
convention rates. The second was the scheduling of the NECC Time Trials, the
Concours Classification, and the Stock Corvair Group ASCE on the same day.
If I had been there it would have been very difficult to choose.

BTW I still autocross the 66 Corsa on 15" Hoosiers'.

Among the parts on the basement awaiting the day, I have 2 sets of 13:1
.040" over pistons and almost all the NOS trim, obviously these will not go
on the same Corvair! Does this make me bi-polar, schizophrenic of just
Corvair crazy?

Stan East
Vice-President of the Stock Corvair Group
Former member of the National Race Committee of Canada
Retired SCCA & CASC Scrutineer
CPG membership application wanted....