<VV> Re: Garage Ideas - CU vs AL

JVHRoberts at aol.com JVHRoberts at aol.com
Thu Aug 9 06:30:15 EDT 2007

Yep, and there is, indeed, nothing wrong with aluminum. At all. In today'
usage of the stuff. Given the larger gage sizes for the ampacity, it even has
lower resistance, making it not only lower cost, but lower voltage drop.

I used to spec wiring at my plant. We've saved hundreds of thousands of
dollars by using aluminum for the main feeders. Everything else is copper. Never
had a problem with any of them. And yes, I have done the research, since I am
NO  fan (hahah) of old wives' tales. And for aluminum, there's PLENTY of
those.

In a message dated 8/9/2007 1:20:35 A.M. Eastern Daylight Time,