<VV> Detriot Convention

Mark Corbin airvair at earthlink.net
Thu Aug 9 12:20:16 EDT 2007

On the whole, I thought it went well. Though the hotel could have used a
south door from the back (5 story) building directly onto the parking lot.
Don't know how many times I had to traipse all the way up to my 5th floor
room from the outside vendors' area, or vice versa. But I guess they
couldn't renovate in time for our layout. LOL

The schedule contained the least conflicts of any (at lest for me) that I
can remember. And the hospitality room was excellent. Maybe not as generous
as DACC's usual Homecoming fare, but certainly head and sholders over most
conventions that have miserly handed out only "snack" chips and pretzel
packs, etc. Hope everyone took notice!!! And BTW, if anyone wants to see
what a hospitality room SHOULD look like, just come to the Homecoming. Ken
Pepke and his able crew set the standard for hospitality rooms, and I
challenge, no DARE future conventions to even come close!

Great convention, guys!

-Mark

and whining about the convention.  The parking lot was paved in black so it
was too hot, I got raped on concours judging, the hotel stunk of burned
garlic, the tour of the tiddly wink factory left without me, the econorun
was uphill ......  yada, yada, yada.  This year there have been NO
complaints on the list.  What?  Did they give away $100 bills?