<VV> Re: Questions

tim mahler flat6vair at insightbb.com
Thu Aug 9 21:04:46 EDT 2007

This really belongs on the Chapter list - -so I cc'd that list.
Interesting questions,  that, like politics, have no specifically correct
answer.  Although many board members monitor VV and other forums,  queries
like this one get missed.  I suggest sending them to the Chapter's list or
to your board members directly.

What has the board accomplished?  Marketing? Publicity,  Membership
Marketing?  Loaded question  mostly aimed at increasing membership, I
presume.   Marketing is an expensive line item. We are trying to get the
word out. The Web sites, CORSA and the Chapters, as Ned noted in the
chapters officer meeting and the CORSA annual meeting,  are very effective
means to get the word out.  The CORSA web site IS a good site.  Google
CORVAIR and Corvair Society of America (CORSA) is the first item on the
list.     the two major vendors are part of the top ten.  CORSA, and the
Board is also trying to work with the vendors to market directly to those
who already have an interest .   Just some of the things we have been trying
on the national level.  Will try others; but can't buy a spot during the
SuperBowl.  dang.

CORSA Merchandise will see a new chairperson this year.  Debbie Pleau, who
has been a VERY GOOD chair has elected to end her tenure. Trying to satisfy
varied tastes is tough.  Small numbers add to the cost; not good for frugal
Corvair owners.   Some items need refreshed -- new Cars on the shirts.
Discussed at the mearchandise table.

The CORSA website has been evolving  -- some have liked the changes, others
have not.  More changes will be coming.   VV is hosted by CORSA.  Many
Chapter Web sites,  my local included, are hosted on the CORSA web site.  A
starter web site is posted to those interested -- I sent the link to the
chapters list in the past,  suppose I will again.   Ned is working on more
help -- proactive help.

That All said:   I could ask a few questions back.  The Chapters are CORSA,
the members are CORSA.  It is not just the Board .  What has each
member/chapter done to help publicize CORSA?  their local chapter?  Corvairs
in general?   The CPF?   Tonight,  at the Illinois State fair,  a fellow
member is leading the parade in his Corvair convertible, club banner on the
sides.  Next saturday, during one of the busiest days of the fair,  the
chapter will display about ten Corvairs on the fairgrounds. (CORSA provides
the insurance to permit this to happen! )   We will distribute phamplets and
other literature,  including some "old" Communiques (mostly 2007 editions) .
Those near Chi-town will be steered toward CCE,  other states to what ever
local chapter is near them.  If we are lucky, we may gain one or two new
members.

Ideas are good.  Share them -- preferably on the Chapters list -- VV
occansionally triggers my twitchy delete finger. <GRIN>

tim mahler
Currently wearing CORSA merchandise -- another frugal publicity stunt < like
the caps on NASCAR >