<VV> Re: Questions

George Jones 65crownv8 at gmail.com
Fri Aug 10 00:11:59 EDT 2007

Well, since Tim asked for suggestions, here are a couple, and at least one
has been brought up in the past (just before I quit VV the first time):

1) I recommend that CORSA change it's LOGO to incorporate the CORSA web
address. I have a pair of large CORSA stickers mounted on magnets that I
place on the door of my car whenever it is being shown or in a parade. The
stickers are nice, but don't do anything but provide the name of the
organization. If we put the web address below the logo, the casual observer
will know where to go to find out about the organization. I also display our
club logo in the same manner, and I have the same complaint about our logo
as well, but I'm not pursuing it until our web site is updated and
presentable.

2) Get rid of the email format for VV!!!!!! Last time I checked, vBulliten
wasn't that expensive, and it is a much more user friendly interface than
email. Look at www.corvaircenter.com as an example (although not the best).
It isn't really organized in the most efficient manner, but it's a much
easier format to read.

And an observation tossed in for the heck of it:

Someone mentioned elimination of the CORSA Scholarship Fund and the Racing
Fund. While I don't care either way regarding the scholarship fund, I do
have some rather strong feelings on the Racing Fund. In my opinion, part of
CORSA's problem is that the members tend to support Corvair specific shows,
and do not really participate in multi make car shows. I know this is not
the case for everyone, so please, no hate mail. What happens is that members
are showing your car to the same people, who also have Corvairs, and are
already members. The members who are racing their Corvairs are out there,
showing other NON CORVAIR OWNERS what they can do. I recently attended an
autocross where David Clemens participated, and had a number of people come
up to me and ask what kind of car it was? How expensive are they? How hard
is it to find parts?, etc. etc. etc. Most were on the younger side (18 to
30's) and had never seen a Corvair before. I also had comments from some of
the older drivers stating that it was nice to see a Corvair on the track
again, and I even had one who swore that it couldn't be a Corvair engine in
that Vair, because it was TOO HOT for a Corvair!

I say we're getting a good deal on marketing return for our investment in
the Racing Fund. To curtail this fund would, in my opinion, put another nail
in the CORSA coffin.

And just to clarify this, no, I'm not a racer, I've never had any
disbursement from the Racing Fund, and probably never will.

Just my humble opinion.

--
George Jones