<VV> "cars are usually celebrated by the model yr and not the intro date"

Wrsssatty at aol.com Wrsssatty at aol.com
Fri Aug 10 10:09:14 EDT 2007

<60 model year, came out in October 59.  As cars are usually celebrated by
the model year and not the introduction date, I think 2010 is the correct
year.>

Tell that to US News & World Report whose cover story this week is about
occurrences 50 years ago in 1957 that changed the world.  They include (even
mentioned on the cover) the introduction of the 1958 Edsel.  BTW, Edsel folks were,
themselves, celebrating with a gathering in Dearborn about the time we were
in Sterling Heights.  I ran into several at an Ohio Turnpike service area on my
way home from the Corsa convention.  Coolest thing I saw there?--a '58, '59
and '60 Edsel all parked side-by-side.

But back to Corvairs:  I still agree with you that we should primarily
celebrate in 2010, just kick it all off on Oct. 2, 2009!

~Bill Stanley