<VV> Questions

Mark Corbin airvair at earthlink.net
Fri Aug 10 10:48:30 EDT 2007

Personally, I think that our three most vital funds are, in order, Corsa
general fund, CPF endowment fund, and the CPF general fund. Those in a
donating mood should consider these three first and foremost, and as Sarah
points out, divide large donations accordingly.

The Corsa general fund ensures the health of the organization, and
donations will help keep dues costs down. The CPF endowment fund, while
only accepting donations of $1000 or more, is vital in ensuring that the
museum property is self-sustaining, and the CPF general fund fills in the
gap until the endowment fund can take over, in addition to funding needed
here-and-now projects. BTW, a donation to the CPF endowment fund is a great
way of memorializing a loved one, as donations can be made in their memory,
and the fund goes on forever.

Everything else should come AFTER these three, as they are merely icing on
the cake.

-Mark

donating a portion of their proceeds from an event to CPF or the
Scholarship Fund..  The Board decided in it's annual meeting this year that
perhaps it's time to "re-educate" the Chapters.  The next time you have an
event and the Chapter decides to donate a portion of their proceeds to CPF
or the Scholarship Fund, please consider sending  1/2 or part of the
donatin to the  CORSA general fund.