<VV> Re: Questions

Mark Corbin airvair at earthlink.net
Fri Aug 10 11:08:56 EDT 2007

See answers in text:

Good idea, but who's going to remember the
http://www.corvair.org/aboutcsa.php website? It's much too long, and NObody
wants that d*^%n stupid flash page. Anymore if anyone asks me for CORSA's
webpage, I either hand them that one, or tell them it's too long, criptic,
or complicated to remember.

> 2) Get rid of the email format for VV!!!!!!

Oh Gawd, NO! The email format works just fine. Why fix it if it ain't broke?

> And an observation tossed in for the heck of it:
>
> Someone mentioned elimination of the CORSA Scholarship Fund and the Racing
> Fund. While I don't care either way regarding the scholarship fund, I do
> have some rather strong feelings on the Racing Fund. In my opinion, part
of
> CORSA's problem is that the members tend to support Corvair specific
shows,
> and do not really participate in multi make car shows. I know this is not
> the case for everyone, so please, no hate mail. What happens is that
members
> are showing your car to the same people, who also have Corvairs, and are
> already members. The members who are racing their Corvairs are out there,
> showing other NON CORVAIR OWNERS what they can do. I recently attended an
> autocross where David Clemens participated, and had a number of people
come
> up to me and ask what kind of car it was? How expensive are they? How hard
> is it to find parts?, etc. etc. etc. Most were on the younger side (18 to
> 30's) and had never seen a Corvair before. I also had comments from some
of
> the older drivers stating that it was nice to see a Corvair on the track
> again, and I even had one who swore that it couldn't be a Corvair engine
in
> that Vair, because it was TOO HOT for a Corvair!
>
> I say we're getting a good deal on marketing return for our investment in
> the Racing Fund. To curtail this fund would, in my opinion, put another
nail
> in the CORSA coffin.
>
> And just to clarify this, no, I'm not a racer, I've never had any
> disbursement from the Racing Fund, and probably never will.
>
> Just my humble opinion.

This is just the kind of discussion I wanted to spark. Good reply. Let's
people know that it DOES serve a purpose. Just have to weigh it against
CORSA's other funds before deciding the end worth of one's donations.

-Mar