<VV> When i fill my gas tank on my 65 corvair

Marc Sheridan sheridanma1966 at gmail.com
Fri Aug 10 21:21:19 EDT 2007

Since you've already asked about the filler hose, you may be close to the
problem. My '66 fills kinda funny because I have to hold the gas hose a
certain way to keep it from shutting off prematurely, but I don't see gas
running out from under the car.

The best case scenario is that the problem is the filler hose. If it isn't
that, you may have a hole in the tank toward the top, but it is probably the
filler hose. The safest bet would be to drop the tank and either replace it
with a new one or have it cleaned and sealed at a radiator shop. Of course
reinstallation would include all new hoses and clamps.

Marc Sheridan
Waverly OH