<VV> Re: Econorun safety - VirtualVairs Digest, Vol 31, Issue 51

rbuckridge at comcast.net rbuckridge at comcast.net
Fri Aug 10 23:38:16 EDT 2007

Bruce,

I would think you could run a TSD rally and an econorun at the same time.

Couldn't you just give simple route instructions to the econorun cars and the TSD instructions to the TSD cars?

I am assuming, and that's got me into more hot water than I care to admit, that a TSD rally has the emphasis on Time Speed & Distance. I am not trying to get you lost, but rather can you follow directions, do the calculations and maintain the prescribed speed for a specified distance. The econorun could use the same route directions, we just don't put a clock on them to the hundredth of a second.

I have done a ton of rallys back in the 60's & 70's, but got out of rallys when the new rally masters seemed to lose the focus on what was a TSD rally, a poker run and a gimmic rally. Each one is unique.

Why did the Ashville rally fail???

I would also agree with you on proper course layout. All rallys should be away from the main flow of traffic, Interstate roadways and highways.

Roy

From: Bruce Schug <bwschug at charter.net>