<VV> Re: GARAGE IDEAS

FrankCB at aol.com FrankCB at aol.com
Sat Aug 11 16:29:02 EDT 2007

Tim,
    The real trick to keeping moisture under control is  to use a hygrometer
that will measure the humidity level and also to keep the  air moving so what
you measure is representative of all the air in the garage  (or house)  In the
summer, I use a fan to circulate air and the hygrometer  to help set the
humidistat control on the dehumidifier in my basement.  I  find that controlling
the relative humidity to BELOW 80% level is the best  compromise between
consuming expensive electricity (now at 16 cents/kwh) and  letting the mositure
accumulate.  I find too many people start by running  the dehumidifier constantly,
then finding it costs too much on their electric  bill and then shutting it
off as being too expensive to run at all.
    Frank "likes gauges" Burkhard

In a message dated 8/11/2007 2:59:21 AM Eastern Daylight Time,  N2VZD at aol.com